Ingredients Required: ( in order of occurrence)
a. Mutton – half kg.
b. Butter / olive oil / ghee : as u like – 2 to 3 tablespoons.
c. Onion – 1 cup of chopped onions
d. Ginger garlic paste – 2 tablespoons
e. Spinach – 2 cups finely chopped .
f. Spices ( 1 teaspoon each ) : salt , red chilly powder ( can add more if u like ) , coriander powder.
g. Turmeric powder and garam masala ( 1/4th teaspoon ).
h. Tomato – 1 cup finely chopped / ground
Let’s get started:
1. Pressure cook the mutton for 20 mins / 5 whistles ( make sure it’s completely cooked when you open and check )
2. On a pan add butter ( you can choose olive oil or ghee as per your preference )
3. Fry onions till red
4. Add ginger garlic paste
5. Add Palak , and cook till the color changes to dark green
6. Meanwhile throw in all the spices
7. Add the boiled mutton and 1/4th cup of mutton stock, cook for 5-10 mins together .
8. Once the oil shows up , throw in the tomatoes and cook more .
9. Don’t close the pan lid , cook it open as we want the water to reduce .
10. Finally serve hot
You can choose to eat just the Palak gosht if you are on keto diet , other times tastes yum with Rotis or rice.
Total time – up to 1 hour
Try it and let us know how you liked it…